VCSG Journal Club & Continuing Education
VCSG provides thoughtful, individualized, high-quality specialty care for your patients. As your referral partner, we believe in open communication and collaboration. As an extension of our partnership, we provide free Journal Club sessions and Continuing Education for our referral community. Check back for the latest information on upcoming sessions or sign up for our referring veterinarian newsletter.
First Wednesday of the month
Join us each month for a topical discussion led by one of our veterinarians. For your convenience, Journal Club is hosted in our conference room and online. Complimentary breakfast and refreshments are provided on-site.
Wednesday, October 4, 2023
No Journal Club
Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Dr. Kaila Rizzo
- Fosset FTJ, Lucas BEG, Wolsic CL, Billhymer AC, Lavergne SN. Retrospective evaluation of hypersensitivity reactions and anaphylaxis in dogs (2003–2014): 86 cases. J Vet Emerg Crit Care. 2023;1-10.
To be rescheduled
Wednesday, August 2, 2023
Dr. Stefanie Sullivan
- Rationale for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy in Traumatic Injury and Wound Care in Small Animal Veterinary Practice
Wednesday, July 5, 2023
Dr. MJ Sun – Read the Article
Factors that Affect Patient Outcome in Cats with Bite Wounds
Wednesday, June 7, 2023
Dr. Theresa Hess – Read the Article
- Neutering, does it really save lives?
Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Dr. Amanda Smith – Listen Now
- Mortality rate and prognostic factors for dogs with severe anaphylaxis
Wednesday, April 5, 2023
Dr. Jake Barnett
- Outcomes of dogs undergoing surgery for gastric dilatation volvulus after rapid vs prolonged medical stabilization
Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Dr. Jeff Peck
- Factors Affecting Candidacy for Total Hip Replacement
Wednesday, February 1, 2023
Dr. Wayne Zuvers
- Randomized controlled trial demonstrates nutritional management is superior to metronidazole for treatment of acute colitis in dogs, Rudinsky et al, JAVMA, December 2022, Volume 260, 23-32
Wednesday, January 4, 2023
Dr. Kristen Hinatsu
Conway, David, et al. “Prazosin administration increases the rate of recurrent urethral obstruction in cats: 388 cases.” JAVMA, vol 260, no. S2, 2022, pp. S7-11
Seventh Annual Continuing Education Conference 2023
Saturday, October 21, 2023
10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
AAVSB RACE approval pending
VCSG is pleased to announce the Seventh Annual Continuing Education Conference 2023, to be held on October 21, 2023, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. We will have space for a limited number of people in our Conference Room at VCSG. Please indicate on the registration form found on our website if you are interested in attending in person or a virtual presentation only.