Learn more about our pet surgery services below.
Pet Surgery In Chattanooga, TN
The Surgical Service at VCSG offers a broad range of surgical expertise in both Orthopedic and Soft Tissue Surgery. Our state-of-the-art facility permits us to offer the most advanced surgical care available. We work in partnership with your primary care veterinarian to ensure continuity of care regardless of your distance from our office.
Surgical procedures available include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Total hip replacement*
- Triple/double pelvic osteotomy
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Elbow dysplasia (FCP, UAP, OCD)
- Cranial cruciate ligament surgery (TTA, TPLO, lateral suture)
- Patellar luxation correction (MPL/LPL/Patella alta)
- Fracture repair (plate fixation, external skeletal fixation, etc)
- Corrective osteotomy/angular limb deformity
*Note that VCSG is the only specialty referral practice in this region (including academic institutions) that performs hip replacement surgery.
- Intestinal surgery
- Biliary surgery (mucocele, biliary diversion)
- Extrahepatic portosystemic shunts
- Neoureterocystostomy (ectopic ureter)
- Diaphragmatic hernia
- Peritoneal-pericardial diaphragmatic hernia
- Lung lobectomy
- Perineal hernia
- Total ear canal ablation
- Caudectomy (screw tail)
- Skin reconstructive (flaps, grafts, etc)
- Laryngeal paralysis (arytenoid lateralization/tie-back)
- Adrenalectomy (without caval invasion)
Minimally Invasive Surgery:
This involves a variety of both orthopedic and soft tissue procedures and includes arthroscopy, laparoscopy, thoracoscopy, and minimally invasive fracture repair using C-arm fluoroscopy. These procedures are generally associated with lower post-surgery discomfort and more rapid recovery from surgery.